Every EZSync product is built to last for years with high- quality industrial grade materials. EZSync911 is a RS-232 Mini Tester installed in series with any RS-232 interface in order to test the serial data link for any failures.
You can use it to troubleshoot faulty cables, bad connections or improper settings on computer/serial devices and more. The mini tester has nine double color (red and green) LEDs indicate the logic states for all 9 RS-232 data lines: DCD, RXD, TXD, DTR, GND, DSR, RTS, CTS and RI. Green for logic HIGH (True) and red for logic LOW (False).
Typical application scenarios:
- Watching the TXD and RXD LEDs either changing states or flashing to know data transfering direction: from machine to computer or from computer to machine
- Verifying TXD/RXD wires should be wired crossed(swap pin2 and 3) or straight through by observing TXD and RXD LEDs at a rest state
- Verifying it is a DTE or DCE device (and whether you need a null modem or not.)
- Verifying whether modem controls are active, even if they’re not being asserted
- Testing control signal between control systems (AMX, Crestron, etc) and the devices they control
- Determining if the serial connection is mated properly and if communications is occurring. Whether the wall control or the projector is malfunctioning