Every EZSync serial cable is built to last for years with high-quality industrial grade materials. This cable has a built in FTDI chip and it works with all Windows/Mac/Linux OS versions including the latest Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.12(Sierra). FTDI chip is a Windows/Mac registered device, that means it is Plug and Play(PnP) and function immediately after plug in without driver installation process. The cable works with Baofeng, Kenwood, Anytone and many other radios with 3.5mm/2.5mm KPG-22 connector.
CHIRP is a free, open-source tool for programming your amateur radio. It supports a large number of manufacturers and models, as well as provides a way to interface with multiple data sources and formats.
- CHIRP runs on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. Older versions of Windows are not supported
- Most users will want to download the installer.exe file, which installs CHIRP like a normal application
- The win32.zip file is for advanced users wishing to run CHIRP without installing
- New Mac OS X must install the runtime once before running CHIRP. After it is installed, the runtime does not need to be downloaded or installed each time. Download the KK7DS Python runtime for Mac OSX.
- OS X support is limited to Intel architecture. PowerPC is not supported.
- Chirp.app is unsigned. With default security settings, you will need a special procedure to run it: Application Security in 10.9.